‘Animals are a continuous dance. So are humans. Every sincere movement is a revelation’ A.Jodorowsky
Silvia is a hula hoop dancer and fire performer, based in London. She discovered circus on the streets and became totally entranced by this art form. The street was in fact her first teacher, as Silvia started performing in the piazzas of Rome, where she comes from.
After completing her MA in languages, Silvia realised that sitting at a desk all day with headphones on was not quite right. Her heart told her to quit the dictionaries and take her passion for circus to another level, so she dived onto the Foundation degree in Circus Arts at the National Centre for Circus Arts, London, where she specialised in hula hoops.
Since then, Silvia has been performing all over the world. Selected venues and events include:
– Anantara Villa Padierna Palace, Marbella
– Niyama Private Islands, Maldives
– MDL Beast, Saudi Arabia
– Rainbow Serpent, Australia
– Baba Beach Club, Phuket, Thailand
– Air Festival, Bali
– Club Briefs, London Southbank and Kemipinski Seychelles Resort, Mahe Island
– World Class Global Finals, Miami
– BJD Films Ltd feature film ‘Bridget Jones Baby’
– The John Bishop Show, BBC1
– Blue Peter, CBBC
– Glastonbury Festival
– Melia Dunaas Resort and SPA grand opening, Cape Verde
– Mercedes Benz – Stylo Grand Prix, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
– The Commonwealth Games 2010 closing ceremony, Delhi, India
Silvia is constantly attracted by the possibilities and challenges of expressing feelings and ideas through movement and body language. This has inspired her to research and explore how integrating her own discipline with others such as acrobatics, contemporary dance and yoga, in combination with personal life experiences, can affect and add depth to one’s own performance style. Silvia is keen to engage with different perspectives and stories. She believes that collaboration with people from any discipline, whether acting, music or design, will not only impact on her personal development as a circus artist, but also lead the way in creating new ways of thinking about and perceiving contemporary circus.
Alongside her performance career, Silvia has experience in teaching circus skills to adults and children alike.
3 thoughts on “About”
Hey, just saw you on the BBC coverage of Glastonbury 2014 – great performance! 🙂
I just saw that performance too! Wow! I think you just exploded onto the scene, girl. You are amazing. I had come here to learn more about you.